Who could not fall in love with these cookies? They melt in your mouth and the rose elderflower icing is giving them the little something extra that make them super addictive. So addictive, we could eat them all in once… They're not only making a great Valentine’s gift but are also the perfect pair to enjoy with one of our artisan teas. Yum!
Prep time20 minutes + 1 hour
Cooking time10 minutes
For the cookies:
- 260g Flour
- 70g Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons TASTEOLOGY Vanilla Bean Syrup
- 150g cold Butter
- Pinch of TASTEOLOGY Great Barrier Reef Rock Salt
For the icing:
- Combine flour, icing sugar and TASTEOLOGY Great Barrier Reef Rock Salt in a bowl. Add egg, TASTEOLOGY Vanilla Bean Syrup and butter, cut in little flakes. Kneat until everything is combined. Place the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Roll out the dough in a thick layer. Cut out round circles or any other shape you like. Place cookies on baking sheet on a baking tray and bake the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes. The cookies should remain very bright and not have brown edges. Underbake them rather than leave them in too long. When finished take them out and let them cool down completely.
- In the meantime mix icing sugar, TASTEOLOGY Rose Elderflower Syrup and lemon juice to a stiff icing texture.
- Coat cookies with icing and sprinkle them with TASTEOLOGY Edible Rose Petals. Enjoy!