These Lemon Crinkles are to die for. They melt in your mouth like a snowflake. A holiday must bake!
Prep time20 minutes + 2 hours
Cooking time10 minutes
- 120g Sugar
- zest of 1 Lemon
- 70g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons TASTEOLOGY Lemon Myrtle Syrup
- 1 pinch of TASTEOLOGY Great Barrier Reef Rock Salt
- 240g Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 60g TASTEOLOGY Citrus Australian Cane Sugar
- 60g Icing Sugar or TASTEOLOGY Citrus Australian Cane Sugar
- Combine sugar and lemon zest and kneat with your fingers.
- Add butter and TASTEOLOGY Lemon Myrtle Syrup and whisk.
- Add eggs and whisk. Add lemon juice and combine until smooth.
- In another bowl combine flour, TASTEOLOGY Great Barrier Reef Rock Salt and baking powder.
- Then add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined. The dough will be quite runny, but that is exactly what we want him to be.
- Cover and let it rest in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- In the meanwhile prepare a bowl with the granulated TASTEOLOGY Citrus Australian Cane Sugar and another bowl with the TASTEOLOGY Citrus Australian Cane Sugar grinded on the finest grinder size. Instead of grinding the sugar, you can replace it with normal icing sugar.
- Pre-heat oven at 180°C.
- Roll little balls of the dough (around one teaspoon each) and roll them first in the granulated sugar and afterwards in the powdered sugar. Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Be careful, they need around 4cm space in between each other.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. We want them to bes soft, so don't overbake. Let them cool down for some minutes and enjoy!