PREP TIME | 1hr 30mins
COOKING TIME | 10mins
SERVINGS | 4
500g Bread Flour
280g Water, room temperature
18g Dried Yeast
25g TASTEOLOGY Olive Oil
12g TASTEOLOGY Great Barrier Reef Rock Salt
+ TASTETOLOGY ZAATAR
- Activate the yeast – mix the dried yeast with water and leave to sit for 10 minutes. The top of the water should look foamy when it is ready to be used.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the dried ingredients.
- Mix in the activated yeast and knead for 5 minutes.
- Add in the olive oil and knead for a further 5 minutes.
- Cover with a damp cloth and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Knead for a further 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and cohesive.
- Cover with a damp cloth and allow it to double in size – roughly 40-50 minutes.
- Portion into 8 smaller balls of dough.
- Add a sprinkle of flour to your benchtop and roll out each dough individually. Use your hands to gently pull the edges of the dough.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add one bread dough to the dry pan and cook on one side for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip over the dough and cover the top side in TASTEOLOGY Olive oil and generous amounts of TASTEOLOGY Zaatar (I like to use at least 2 tbsp per flatbread!) and TASTEOLOGY Rock Salt
- Cook for a further 3-4mins or until cooked through.
- Repeat steps 11-13 for the remaining dough.
- Serve warm.
- A delicious accompaniment to any meal, bbq or dip platter or simply roll into a wrap stuffed with fresh falafel, pickles and salad for a quick lunch.
Made by Katy Berry