PREP TIME | 20 mins + 1 hr chilling
COOKING TIME | 10 mins
SERVINGS | 18 cookies
- 55g dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 28g instant coffee powder
- 320g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 230g unsalted butter – slightly softened & cubed
- 80g light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- ¼ cup couverture dark chocolate callets
- ¼ cup couverture milk chocolate callets
- 160g TASTEOLOGY Mint Sugar
- 1/2 tsp TASTETOLOGY Great Barrier Reef Rock Salt (finely ground)
- 4 large candy canes (crushed)
- 1.5 cups couverture white chocolate callets
- Whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour, cocoa powder and coffee powder. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar for approximately 5 minutes using a stand/hand mixer, slowly increasing the speed till maximum speed is reached. Beat mixture till light and fluffy.
- Add the first egg with vanilla paste and beat on medium speed till combined.
- Add remaining egg and beat on medium speed till combined.
- Sift flour into mixture and mix on the lowest speed until just combined.
- Fold in the milk & dark chocolate callets.
- Chill mixture in fridge for approximately 1 hour (this will make it easier to scoop/roll dough into uniform balls).
- Before baking, pre-heat oven to 180C for at least 10 mins.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Scoop/roll dough into approx. 55g balls and place on prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12mins. Allow to rest on tray for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave in 15 sec increments till half the chocolate has melted. Then stir till all the chocolate has melted.
- Dip each cookie into the white chocolate and place on a sheet of baking paper/silicon mat.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane on top of each dipped cookie.
When correctly tempered, the white chocolate on the cookies will set in 10-20 mins in a cool environment. If your chocolate has not set, place the cookies in the fridge for 5 mins.
Recipe by Judy Tran (@moonfacecookies)